Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Travelwise Leaders monitoring our Drivers

 Did you know the speed limit inside a school zone is 30 km/h? 

This morning, our Travelwise Leaders, along with Maggie Hablous from AT, had the opportunity to become road safety champions. They had to monitor and collect real-time speed data outside our school gate.

We used the speed radar gun and recorded the speed of the passing cars. We will analyse the data we collected soon.



Hendrix: "Having the best time of my life!"



Raquel: "It was really fun to use the speed radar. One car recorded 41, which is over the speed limit."


Mia: "I enjoyed recording the speed and getting toots from the cars to support us."



Zoe: "We made up a chant for the passing cars! Beep if you want to save the environment!"


Hannah: "I loved it when the cars honked their horns at our signs."


Abby: "I enjoyed recording all the speeds down."



Sophia: "Checking the cars' speed limit along with holding the sign up high was a highlight for me!"


Madi: "I liked seeing how fast the cars were going and then recording that."

A big THANK YOU to Maggie for bringing the signs and radars for us to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelwise Leaders monitoring our Drivers

 Did you know the speed limit inside a school zone is 30 km/h?  This morning, our Travelwise Leaders, along with Maggie Hablous from AT, had...